Sunday, February 20, 2011

Tax Ease Liens' Donations Under Radar

 
                 It is always interesting to look at campaign contributions and how people allocate their campaign funds. Isn't that Jack Abramoff  became a media darling when he used his money to buy political favors. When a Dallas based company owners Phil Migicovsky and Robert Stenton makes $1200 contributions each for Kentucky Attorney General, Jack Conway's senate race, it raised question marks.Why a Dallas company will pick Kentucky to make this donation but nobody else. For example why not Tenesse or Georgia but only Kentucky?
        Is it not a conflict of interest when Attorney general accepts a donation from a company which it supposed to regulate and investigate? One of the rules of being a third party Tax Lien Purchaser in Kentucky is to be never under investigation by Attorney General's office. I do not know all the details about this interesting relationship, but I am pretty sure, truth will reveal itself very soon. 

2 comments:

  1. Tax Ease purchased my 2007 property tax bill in KY. I've been working very hard with the county to pay three 3 years of back taxes on several properties. My priority was to pay the county first. The tax ease cost was thousands of dollars on a $ 138.00 tax bill. As soon as I started paying my old tax bills to the county. I was told by tax ease that "someone" filed a complaint and forced the sale of my property for the 2007 tax bill. To be held at auction on the court house steps. I received notice of sale only 2-3 weeks prior to sale although notification was dated earlier. I was told nothing could be done except pay the tax lien company. I ended up paying $ 4,500.00+ dollars to keep my property from being sold. This money could have pay every past property tax bills I have. Interestingly, out of all the 2007 tax bills in the county that were purchased, only 2 were forced to public sale. Mine and my sister-in-laws As I inquired why this was. I was told by a tax ease employee that someone wanted out property because they don't usually go to auction. I was even given the name of the person that wanted the property auctioned off. I promptly contacted this person and asked if he worked for tax ease. He seemed taken aback by this question. He said no, "we are just trying to buy up property in KY". At the very last possible time frame, I took care of paying the costs and a judge signed order to cancel the sale of my property. My sister-in-law was not so lucky. We showed up for the auction 45 min early and waited. But there was no public auction-or so we thought. I called the master commissioner office and was informed that there was an auction and the my sister-in-laws house and property were purchased for $100.00 by tax ease. The auction was suppose to have started out at 2/3rds the appraised value. How is this even lawful. So unjust.

    ReplyDelete